Simon Cowell cancels The X Factor 2020 after ratings slump
The X Factor has been axed for 2020 by Simon Cowell as he battles to save the ailing talent show Share Jack Hardwick Senior Showbiz Correspondent 17:08, 7 FEB 2020. The X Factor 2020 has been axed by Simon Cowell after both X Factor: Celebrity and X Factor: The Band failed to make an impact in 2019. A production source told Daily Star Online: “Simon is planning to rest The X Factor this year. “He and the producers want to take a breath to really think through the show and how to reinvigorate it for the future. “And they don’t believe they can do that if they go straight into another cycle of the show this year.” Daily Star Online understand The X Factor will return, though no details have been finalised. A TV insider said: “Simon wants to really think through the show.
All the Masked Singer clues that suggest Katherine Jenkins is behind Octopus costume on ITV show
Clues include being vegan, a connection to Emmerdale and experience as a model – here’s how the opera star fits every clue Share Joel Leaver Trends Writer / Entertainment Reporter 16:00, 8 FEB 2020 The Octopus is one of the remaining contestants on ITV’s The Masked Singer (Image: ITV / Bandicoot TV). The Masked Singer has captivated TV viewers over the last few weeks as standout Saturday night viewing. The ITV competition involves celebrities, who are hidden behind outlandish costumes, singing anonymously for a studio audience – as viewers attempt to uncover who they are.
Judges Ken Jeong, Davina McCall, Rita Ora and Jonathan Ross also have to guess who the celebrities are but based solely on their vocals and a few cryptic clues throughout the series. The show has left armchair detective viewers frantically searching the internet and social media to find out the identity of the contestants – with only 5 now remaining in the competition.
They are the Fox, Monster, Hedgehog, Queen Bee and the Octopus – who remains one of the favourites!
And whilst the Masked Singer judges suspect it could be Charlotte Church behind the mask, viewers are instead convinced that it’s fellow Welsh performer Katherine Jenkins.
See Entertainment News Articles
- Misty Copeland: Ballet’s listening after George Floyd
- Socially-distanced Sesame Street calms children's Covid fears
- Colin Firth with Secret Garden co-stars on children's book's latest adaptation
- Brothers play tabla to the BBC theme tune
- US election 2020: The presidential campaign dance-off
- Composer with dementia whose piano-playing went viral meets students he inspired
- Stormzy takes starring role in Watch Dogs: Legion video game
- Captain Sir Tom Moore portraits auctioned for charity
- Hollyoaks at 25: ‘It’s like we’re a big family’
- Love Island’s Shaughna Phillips: ‘I was trolled for my fat legs’
- Margaret Calvert on her favourite road signs and working with Banksy
- Black Lives Matter: Orchestra creates music inspired by iconic moment
- Pop star Aryana Sayeed is fighting criticism against female performers in the country
- Coronavirus: Man, 100, relives family holidays by painting
- Parkour group marks 10 years on YouTube with 6.5m subscribers
- Xbox Series X: First hands-on with the next-gen console and games
- I Am Greta: Movie tells climate activist's 'coming of age' story
- Niall Horan's Royal Albert Hall gig for his crew
- Covid: Michael Rosen shares his intensive care nightmare
- Coronavirus: Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra resumes concerts
- World Mental Health Day: Mural painted of Manchester icon Ian Curtis
- Birthday Honours 2020: Marcus Rashford given MBE
- Mary Berry to become dame as part of Queen’s birthday honours list
- Royal Ballet back on stage with social distancing
- Fleetwood Mac's Mick surprises viral Dreams TikTok star Nathan Apodaca
- Artist Duncan Grant erotic drawings kept under bed worth £2m
- Mangrove: Steve McQueen retells 'forgotten' landmark court case
- Coronavirus: Theatre and events staff protest outside parliament
- From Broadway to playing in a New York City park
- Windrush: Tilbury bridge transformed to honour 'pioneers'